Monday, March 29, 2010

Mary, Sweet Mary is with Evangeline in the Lost and Found.

So, for those of you who really know me, you know my life revolves around music. I love bands that most people don't know anything about and usually I'm good with that :haha: But this artist and this label deserves more than my selfish need to "be the only one who knows about :insert here: band". In case you are wondering: yep, the blog title is a mash of song titles.


The label is Hackberry Records and the band is Sparrow and The Ghost.



I have my friend, Melanie Brock, to thank for introducing me to this scene. She fell for their music before it was completely formed, when just a few talented local artist were playing acoustic shows in a small coffee house. She invited me and a few people close to me to drive up to Tuscaloosa, Al from Birmingham to hang out with her, her son Gavin, and her niece Tori, for the day. It was a fun day that ended with a show from a multitude of wonderfully musically inclined people and I was In. 


As three individuals, these guys are cool. As a group, Rachel Roberts, Stuart Bond and Reed Watson are amazing. I geek out about bands that I like, even when I know the people as individuals (well, a little at least :haha:) and they all handle it with grace. That makes them officially some of The Coolest Ever. 


They just played SXSW and I can honestly say, I think they could go far. I find myself sing their songs constantly. I can't wait for a full album but until then you can go to Hackberry Records and download The Living Room Sessions for free. Check out the other artist on Hackberry Records while you are there too.


www.hackberryrecords.com
Facebook-Hackberry Records
Facebook-Sparrow and The Ghost
Myspace-Sparrow and The Ghost

No comments: