Wednesday, March 24, 2010

From the Children's to the Young Adult section: a People and Places blog

I thought long and hard about how it start this series. I decided that starting with the children and young adults who are important in my life. I'll try to keep each section short. No promises though :haha:


Let's start in the Children's section of this library.


Eli~ He's the youngest of the group and the one that's just coming into his own. He's a bright, inquisitive, train-loving little boy. I'm excited about building a relationship with him now that his personality is truly showing. It's a suprise to me that he may end up being the one I have a ton in common with.


Chloe~ Chloe is straight up awesome. She is her own person and she makes no excuses about it. She loves what she loves and will make you like it too. She has Autism but that is not what defines her. Her heart does.


Kayia~ Kayia is the artistic soul. She is a girly girl, nail polish and dresses. She is the cutest bit of trouble in bright glittery colors. Like a living fairy. Life will try to crush her, wings and all. I think she can make it.


Cadence~ I have not gotten a chance to see much of KK lately. I miss her. She's a pop culture princess with the wit of someone twice her age. Her teen years will be crazy.


Which, as everyone knows, leads to the Teen Literature.


Christian~ I can go on about Christian forever so I will leave it all at this : He is My Heart. When he was born, I graduated High School. We started out on these two very different but equally important adventures at the same time. When Danci had Christian, it finally hit my 18 year old brain that there were things more important than me in this world. He teaches me patience. He is the one who always reminds me that it's ok to just by myself. That it will always be enough for the people who truly love me.


Julianne and Roman~ I debated even listing Julianne and Roman here. They have been a big part of my life for so long that I felt the need to list them. Julianne was the princess and Roman was Security. They are a reminder that things don't always go the way you always thought they would.


And we end in the Young Adult section.


Kaycee (Casey)~ What can there be said about Kaycee? She is my half mini-me. So very like me in many way, so very opposite in others. She helped me grow up these last two years. We watch after each other. We have stuck together through some of the harder times. I'm a little louder and more confident now because of her.

No comments: